Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Street Portraits







1.) Street Portraits- I stayed a fair distance from people for most of my shots. It was hard to catch the right moment in time to make it compositionally pleasing. There is a lot of multi tasking that comes with photographing this way. When I got really close, as in a few feet from them, I asked them for their permission to photograph them. The problem with this method is people wanted to pose and I was missing out on "the moment".

5.) Facial Expressions- When someone looks into the camera you can feel the connection between you and that person. It draws you in. Eye contact is the first thing you notice in a photograph. When the subject looks away you focus more on the action of what they are doing, their body language, and their surroundings.

6.) After you are done- As I went along it got easier to ask people if I could photograph them. To make them feel better I would tell them to pretend like I wasn't even there and continue what they were doing. If you know the person, conversation is always a way to get your subject to relax. Goofing around with them is too. It loosens them up and breaks a barrier of awkwardness.

3 comments:

  1. I love your photograph of the woman in red reading. All of the vertical lines divide the photograph up nicely. I like the contrast of the vertical fence lines against the horizontal lines of the bricks. Her wearing red also makes her the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite would have to be the man walking, because it is a great shot of someone in motion, it also give u a taste of where he was or what he is doing, and it just seems like he is walking so fast, that he has somewhere he needs to be and in a hurry. he instantly grabbed my attention

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love all of these, you captured each of these moments very well and they are all very nicely exposed

    ReplyDelete